Thursday, October 1, 2009

thankful

My morning routine is the same everyday. Wake-up, pour a cup of coffee (that's a new one for me) feed the dogs, check facebook, and then get Livi up. This morning when checking my facebook, I noticed Aunt KiKi had her status as, "Aunt KiKi is just plain thankful for my life." When I read that I laughed. And not because I thought it was funny. I laughed because I was thinking that same thing all day yesterday. Actually there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for my life. I'm thankful I have a roof over my head, a vehicle to drive, and three meals (if I want to eat three) a day. I have a beautiful daughter and a husband who in my eyes hung the moon. I have a family and extended family that would do anything for me and I would do anything for them.

I may not have all the riches in the world. My house might not be the cleanest on the block, we might not be wearing the latest fashion, and some months we might pay our bills a little late. But we have smiles on our faces and love in our hearts and for that I will be forever thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,what word's of wisdom.There are so many people that just don't get it! We have so many wonderful gift's every day! God is good!! Love you all,Grammy

rosalita111 said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Love you!