Sunday, December 7, 2008

103.8

Yesterday afternoon after the tree was put up, Livi woke from her nap. I noticed her cheeks were really red and she felt warm. I just figured it was because she just woke up from a nice warm and comfy nap.

An hour later, Jarad is asking me if I think she has fever.

My sister, Amber, had given us a really nice thermometer. A digital one you run across the baby's forehead. It's not that I mind checking her temp using a rectal thermometer, this is just easier and faster. So I used this one. 101.2.

I gave her Tylenol.

The thing with Livi is when she is sick you really don't know it. She doesn't cry or whine. She still wants to play. The only way I know she might not be feeling good is when she stops and wants to cuddle.

So she played and played some more. She ate a little but really didn't want to. Uncle Nick stopped by and she hadn't seen him in awhile so she was a little shy and just curled up with daddy. And he said he thought she felt warm still. It had been about an hour since I checked her temp and gave her Tylenol.

So I took it again with the digital thermometer. 101.8.

We decided to lay her back down. She was in her crib for another two hours but never really went to sleep. She would toss and turn and try to fall asleep but would just wake back up. I felt so bad for her. This was not my Little Livi Loo Loo.

At 9:45 I told Jarad I was going to check her temp again. This time I was going to check it rectal. 103.8.

I calmly lay her back down in her crib and tell her I'll be right back.

Walked into the living room and told Jarad to get dressed we are going to the ER.

We arrived at the ER around 10:30 and her temp was now 103.2. We were in a room by 11.

After a chest x-ray, blood work, and a strep test. She was given an antibiotic shot and we were sent home with two prescriptions. The time was 1:45 am and her temp was down to 100.6.

She seems to be doing better today. She didn't have a fever when she woke up and hasn't had one so far today. We will see what happens tonight!

Jarad took these on his phone last night.


She was saying, "Done." This was after her blood was drawn.

This was after getting the shot.

It was really sad seeing her get her blood drawn and the shot. I think the saddest part was, when the nurses would leave after sticking her with needles and taking a swab of her throat she would always stop crying to tell them bye and wave to them.

That's our Little Livi Loo Loo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I do hope she is doing better. It seem's they alway's get worse in the late P.M. Grammy is praying she is way better, and Grammy send's lot's of love and kisses her way!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOHH! That is heart wrenching! I hope Miss Livi is much better soon. There's nothing worse than than a sick baby, especially your own!!

Chrissy said...

Claire said she feels very sorry that Livi had to have a "blood draw." She feels her pain!!! Hope our girl is feeling better. Love you!

Jessica said...

poor thing!! i hope she gets better soon!! :) she is such a cutie!