Saturday, December 6, 2008

O Christmas Tree

I love putting up the tree. I grew up having a real tree in the house. When I was younger my dad along with me and my sisters would go cut one down. I have so many memories of going and cutting down the tree. We would all load up in my dad's truck and drive to a field somewhere. Dad would tell us stories, one favorite that we still talk about is the story of Ike, Spike, and Mike who lived in Spook Hollow. You would think he would be telling us Christmas stories, nope not my dad.

When us girls got older we started going to a lot to buy our tree. We would still all go together. Then Amber moved out of state and doesn't get to come home until right around Christmas so my dad and I will go find the perfect tree. This year I think Livi will go with us.

Here at the Giddens house though we use a fake tree. While Livi was napping on Saturday we put it up. I had so much fun getting out the ornaments and remembering where I got them, and then finding the perfect spot on the tree for them. Seeing Livi's first Christmas ornaments brought back so many memories of last year. How small she was. How she had no idea what was going on. How she loved looking at the tree.

Christmas 2007

This year we tried to limit the amount of ornaments on the bottom of the tree since they probably won't be staying on there very long. I'm hoping to get the rest of the house decorated tomorrow but here is a picture of The Giddens Christmas Tree 2008. Enjoy.

No comments: