Friday, February 6, 2009

long time, no post

I just realized after getting a comment from someone (BIL) that I haven't posted in awhile. Lots of things have been going on around here. Which is why I haven't been posting, well that and I've been reading other blogs that I've found! I've always been a 'blog lurker' (finding blogs and reading them even if I don't know who they are) and if I find one I like reading I will read it from the beginning. Well I found this one last month. Check it out, its worth reading.

Things are good here. Livi is talking up a storm and we are loving every minute of it. Yesterday she started saying apple. It's pretty cute. She is into everything. My sister-in-law asked me today if I felt like I need to just take everything out of my house so she can't get into anything. Yes, yes I do feel like that. My bookcase that holds all of my pretties is now empty. When I first emptied it out she would climb up on the shelf and lay down. Daddy and Livi thought this was fun. Mommy not so much. I was worried that the shelf would fall and she would squish her little fingers.

Livi laying on the bookcase. Bet you can't guess what she's holding!

A few stories: A couple weeks ago I was using the restroom and Livi was in there with me. After I was done I was trying to get her out of there (she just wanted to play with her tub toys) I said "Come on Livi lets go" she ran out of the bathroom as fast as her little legs would go and headed straight for the front door. We weren't actually going anywhere, I think she might have had a little touch of cabin fever.

Then a few days later I was sitting on the floor playing with her. It was bath time so I asked her if she wanted to go take a bath. She looked at me and then ran to the bathroom door. She loves her baths and will cry when I take her out.

Waiting for daddy to come home.

She saw his truck pull in the drive.

When I ask her if she's ready to go take a nap or go nite nite she will point to her bedroom door and say "there". She walks into her room, lays down on the floor and waits for me to change her and put her in bed. She knows our bedtime routine and will say light then turns off the bedroom light and then turns on the closet light. She kisses me and Jarad goodnight and when I close her bedroom door she says bye-bye. Its just too cute.

I had posted about Jarad having surgery on his wrist and how she will look at it and say "boo boo". Now she will point to her arm and say "boo boo".

When she wakes up now she sits in her crib and hugs all of her animals. I think she's telling them good morning. And when I take her out of her crib she must bring her blanket and her dog with her.

I guess what I'm getting at is there are lots of things going on around here. I can't believe how much she knows and understands at 19 months.

Now if I could just get her to eat what I'm trying to feed her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just like to know whats happenin over there dot dot dot

Chrissy said...

It's really sweet of my husband to leave comments on your blog and not mine. Okay, first of all(dot dot dot) I miss my girl!!! Second of all, I'm gonna guess what Livi is holding. I may be WAY OFF but it looks like breast milk. Again, I may have Samsonited the crap outta that one.

rosalita111 said...

I love that you blog, it helps me keep up with the goings on of Livi. Miss and love you much, miss and love Livi way much. Little teary right now but you now me that's how I roll.

rosalita111 said...

What she is holding is making me think of the bottles of formula you get in the mail or at the hospital. Am I right or am I right? Right, right. Sorry little Groundhog Day quoting.