Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Should've seen it coming

From what I've been told, I was a climber. I guess I was into everything. My grandmother likes to tell stories about how I would wiggle right out of her arms and then find something to climb on. I think I was around 4 years old and I wanted something to drink. I asked my mom to get me something, she said no. (Looking back it was in the evening after dinner and I was probably getting ready to go to bed. Maybe that's why she told me no.) I wasn't taking no for an answer. So what did I do? I climbed up on to the counter and crawled across over to the cabinet with the cups. Went to reach for the handle and down I went crashing onto the floor. End result, my arm was broken. That didn't stop me though. I would climb and fall many more times.

Livi was climbing long before she was walking. She loves to climb on anything. One afternoon out at my parents house Livi was climbing up onto the ledge of the fireplace. My dad sitting right there beside her waiting to catch her if she fell, looked at me and laughed. He knew what was in store for me, he had lived it.

Last night Jarad was in the kitchen making some cheese dip. I walked in there and he says to Livi, "Livi go climb up into your high chair". I just looked at him and said, "No, you can't be serious". Well he was and I have the pictures to prove it.


She can get up there in a few seconds. It's crazy!! She is always so proud of herself once she reaches the top!

Now I get to try and keep her from wanting to do it all the time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea Livi!!!! You are awesome! Ashley my heart couldn't take watching her but what an accomplishment!! She has a very smart Mommy and Daddy.Love you!!!! Grammy

Chrissy said...

Oh Lulu! Your Aunt Kiki is so proud of you!!! I LOVE the fact that your mommy took pictures too! Ashley, good luck with that!!! Love you all! OH and yes, I shouted that entire message!!!!!

Jessica said...

lol....that's awesome! you'll have to get that girl into some rock climbing classes as soon as she's old enough!

Nanny said...

Funny, funny, funny!!! I can't believe she isn't crawling out of her crib! Should we start looking for a big girl bed? Give her kisses from Nanny!

Mom Of Many said...

Hi,
I wanted to stop by and thank you for joining in the friends at A Place Called Simplicity. We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from so many!

Your little Livi is absolutely adorable and she actually reminds me of our oldest, Abigail. Abby was a climber - big time...one day - LONG before she was a year old she would climb up on chair, onto the table, onto the kitchen counter, across the little counter and would sit and play with the dials on the stove. So your Livi - she and Abby could have been climbing buddies!!

Blessings to you from Colorado,
Linn xo

rosalita111 said...

It must be something passed on in our genes. We seem to make freakishly strong children! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I saw that you have a blog on facebook and thought I'd check it out. These pictures are adorable! Wow, the one where she is just hanging on the high chair and both feet off the ground is priceless! Also, I'm truly blessed by your stories describing your baby girl, it's more than obvious that you are an amazing mom! I'm so happy that you have such a sweet little family! God Bless you all! Jennifer Climer