Saturday, November 22, 2008

Little Red Rocking Chair

I truly believe all children need a rocking chair. One that's just their size. I had one growing up and Livi loves playing in it.

Climbing up and down just rocking away.

I've been wanting to find one for her but I didn't want a brand new one. I wanted one that looked old and squeaks when it rocks. I also didn't want to pay very much.

Last Saturday Livi and I met Auntie Rach for lunch. We do that ususally once a week. Have lunch then go do some shopping. Really just get me out of the house. Well this past weekend we went to The Spring Creek Tea Room. I really enjoy eating there. They have wonderful food and its an antique shop! We like to walk around and look at all of the stuff and try to figure out where it came from and sometimes why someone would think they needed that. We make up stories and try and picture it in our home. We had made our way through the back and found some pretty sweet tinsel trees for five dollars. Rachel got a red one and I got a green and gold one. Still looking not knowing what we will find next and then Rachel stops. She turns around and says, "Didn't you say you were looking for a rocking chair for Livi?" She was right I had said I would like to get her one and what do you know, Rachel just found it.

It is perfect. Red, my favorite color, the paint is worn and fading in some places, it squeaks when she rocks, and best of all, she loves it.






The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness! These pictures are TOO cute! She is getting so big, PLEASE call me so we can get together, I MISS you guys and think about you pretty much every day! Happy Thanksgiving to You, Livi, and my Little Brother!!! Love you!