Monday, November 17, 2008

What we've been doing

This past weekend we went to Oklahoma. We were invited to a wedding there. A girl that I have known pretty much my whole life, went to grade school and high school with was getting married. After high school though we had lost touch.

This is where it gets strange.

In Jan. 2006 I met Jarad. For our first date we went to Applebee's for dinner. We walk in and I hear someone say, Jarad Giddens. I turn around and who do I see, Summer the same girl I grew up with. She was as shocked as I was. Then I began to wonder how in the world does she know my new man! It was later explained to me, Jarad's sister, Chrissy and Summer met in college, became best-friends and still are to this day. Can you say small world? Summer met Jarad when he was a young spiked hair teenager. She had lots of stories to offer.

Enough of the trip down memory lane back to this past weekend. Chrissy was in the wedding. And I was asked to take pictures of the day! I was extremely excited because I love photography but I have never taken pictures of someones wedding. So I was nervous at the same time. I couldn't have asked for a prettier setting to take pictures in. The wedding was at Turner Falls Park. B-E-A-U-TIFUL! I took a lot of pictures and here are a few of the happy couple. I will post more as soon as I get them edited.







Congratulations Summer & JD! May you have a lifetime of love and happiness. Here's something my mom said to me on my wedding day. When times get hard and they will, always remember the vows you took on this day. For those vows were taken before God and all things are possible through him.

2 comments:

Nanny said...

You were a great photographer and your momma is a very wise woman! I had a blast with you and my little Livi Jane!

Chrissy said...

LOVE THESE!!!! I'm going to email her the link so she can see them! Thanks so much for all your help and taking wonderful pictures!