Saturday, April 25, 2009

sweet saturday in spring

Today for the first time in a long time we had nothing planned. We didn't have to be anywhere. It was a nice feeling. So today when we woke up and saw how beautiful the day was going to be we decided to head on out to Lowe's.

I had been wanting to get some plants for the deck and the front. Livi loved looking at the flowers and helped pick some out. We walked around for over an hour. Looking at bathroom fixtures and dreaming of things we would like to do to the house, making plans. It was fun.

Then as we left Lowe's we decided to take the long way home and drive around a little. It was nice cruising around with the windows down and listening to Livi say MOO every time she saw a cow.

It's times like these I realize how truly blessed I am. The simple times. A nice trip to Lowe's and a beautiful Saturday drive.

When we got home it was time for Livi to go down for a nap. That made it really easy for us to get our potting done.

CJ stopped by and said we looked cute so I made him take some pictures.

Our finished project minus the one in front.


We also put the canopy back up. We had a lot of fun out there when Livi woke up!


We got these stars for Christmas. I love them up there.

For dinner we decided to grill. Jarad ran to the store a got us some steaks and we had baked potatoes, corn, strawberries, and french fries (I know quite the combo). It was the end to a wonderful, perfect, sweet Saturday in spring.

Helping Daddy with the grill.

3 comments:

Nanny said...

Makes me HAPPY to see you enjoying each other! We were doing kind of the same thing at our house! Free Saturdays are WONDERFUL! I love you!

Chrissy said...

We did the same thing too!! My heart is full of love for the three of you!!!

Sheila said...

Lowe's and Flowers happened at our house too! I think I just may of seen your sister there too! You all look wonderful! Im so happy for you, Jarad, and Miss Livi (who by the way is getting so big!)